Andrej Kavalčuk was born on June 24, 1961 in Minsk.
In 1982 he graduated from the Theatre faculty of the Belarusian Institute of Theatre and Arts (the class of Zinaida Bravarskaja).
Andrej Kavalčuk worked in numerous theatres in Brest, Viciebsk and Minsk both as an actor and as a theatre administrator. In 1982 he joined the company of the Janka Kupała National Academic Theatre.
- Sciapan Krynicki (Paŭlinka by Janka Kupała);
- Filip (The Boor by Eliza Ažeška);
- Hilfspolizei (The Voiceless by Aleś Adamovič);
- The Head (The Night before Christmas by Nickolai Gogol);
- Prakop (The People of the Marsh by Ivan Mielež);
- Gerwazy (Pan Tadeusz by Adam Mickiewicz);
- Ilya Afanasyevich Shamraev (The Seagull by Anton Chekhov);
- Harščok (Two Souls by Maksim Harecki).